Retroconsole is an ambitious project to list all our favorite and most popular video games year by year since 1971 (until the end of 1999). Some of us have a lot of knowledge about retro video games, some of us are seeking the knowledge. This is the place to introduce the history of video games and video gaming devices.
How to participate?
As you can imagine, this is a huge project and takes a lot of time and effort. So many games were released on many different platforms – many ported or re-released, upgraded or even remade. Finding and providing all the correct information is not always easy. And some facts (release dates, developers, publishers) can be different on various websites. So if you know some awesome information about games featured or you find some information irrelevant, let me know about it!
So how could you participate in this project?
- Find some irrelevant information? I am always glad to receive messages from you, even if it means that I have provided incorrect information. Together we make things right!
- Know some missing awesome games, devices or any other relevant information? Let me know and I will add it.
- Hosting stories. You have some amazing articles about your favorite games, let me know and I will add your story or link to your site to my blog. Together we are stronger!
- And of course: VOTE VOTE VOTE
- Donations? You don’t have any spare money. No worries. Keep me going!
Donate BTC: 1ANHAVd44npBrsCr9pAqeYcEmZQ7cqtTPT
Or buy me a coffee: buymeacoffee.com/retroconsole
Where else you can find Retroconsole?
And Vkontakte, Vero, Flickr, Partiko, Medium…
Goal of this project?
Listing all the best games since 1971 by votes is just one part of the goal. I also want to include some pictures and information about every game. Box art, title screens, gameplay screenshots and videos. Information about developers and publishers, fun facts and rare information that almost nobody knows. Cheat codes you could use! I take it step by step…
End of this project?
There is no deadline for this project. I will keep working on it and updating as often as possible. As this is my hobby and I have to do it alongside full time work. Unless somebody wants to pay me for this?